SLN Workshop: Applying the Quality Matters Rubric
This training will explore the SLN/Quality Matters Initiative and processes. This initiative aims to provide faculty with a mechanism for continuous improvement in instructional design. It will prepare you to be part of a program that can positively impact the design of your online courses. In addition, you will gain ideas to improve your own courses using the SLN and QM tools.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the Quality Matters (QM) process and underlying principles;
- Describe the eight standards of the QM Rubric;
- Understand the peer review process, both formal (QM) and informal (SLN);
- Explain the QM scoring system;
- Write useful recommendations for course improvement;
- Make decisions on whether or not a set of given scenarios meet the QM Rubric standards;
- Collaborate with peer faculty in evaluating course design elements in an online course;
- Pursue additional professional development opportunities through SLN and Quality Matters.
Participants will receive a Quality Matters certificate of completion at the conclusion of this training.
Faculty can click to register online.
This full day workshop runs from 10 - noon and continues from 1 - 3 pm.
|QM - Rockland||Thu, March 6, 2014|
|QM - Plattsburgh||Tue, March 18, 2014|
|QM - SUNY IT||Mon, May 19, 2014|